Cara Glass is pleased to share that Eurocell Recycle is our preferred recycling partner throughout 2020, 2021 and 2022. In comparison to the 9.32 tonnes of recycled uPVC recycled in 2020, we have recycled an incredible 11.72 tonnes in 2022; which equivalates to one fifth of the weight of a space shuttle!
At Cara Glass, we want to enhance how devoted we are to the environment. We want our window products to be as environmentally friendly as possible. On earth, we have just experienced the eight warmest years on record and we want to do our part to reduce climate change and recycle as much as possible.
Eurocell Recycle is the UK’s leading uPVC recycling, collection, and extrusion specialist. They have a closed loop recycling system that recycles old uPVC systems into brand new plastic products, giving them a new life. This not only prevents uPVC windows from being dumped in landfills, but it also creates an eco-friendly window style. Cara Glass strives to use environmentally friendly techniques while reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible to ensure that our valued customers are investing in a home improvement company that truly cares.
Our industry has struggled with sustainability in recent years due to limited recycling opportunities. Cara Glass, on the other hand, has been able to reduce the amount of waste generated by old windows, doors, and other solutions thanks to Eurocell. We are committed to producing as little waste as possible that ends up in landfills, and we are assisting our planet in becoming more environmentally friendly one step at a time.
Scroll to the bottom of this post to see our renewed Eurocell certification.
How Does Eurocell Recycle Our uPVC Products?
Eurocell created the closed loop post consumer recycling process to discover the most sustainable and efficient way to manufacture uPVC products. The procedure is straightforward:
- Windows that have reached the end of their life are removed and collected from the property. Eurocell then transports them to the appropriate recycling plant in Derbyshire or Yorkshire.
- Once the window arrives at the recycling centre, the windows are shredded, granulated, and micronized.
- Following that, the dismantled parts of the old uPVC profiles are extruded.
- This liquid is then pushed into a mould, which forms the shape of a new, recycled product before being cooled and solidified.
- The recycled uPVC window sections are then fabricated into a new uPVC window profile, ready to be installed in another home across the UK!
With Eurocell alone, we have recycled over 36 tonnes of waste through 2020-2022, and we only hope to see this increase – we are a sustainable home improvements company that strives to create an eco-friendly solution for your home and the planet.
Are you looking for an environmentally friendly and long-lasting uPVC window solution? You can expect a prompt and professional service from a company that cares when you choose Cara Glass.
We hope to hear from you soon and assist you with your next home improvement project.