Recycling Our uPVC Windows
At Cara Glass, we are proud to say that we use Eurocell Recycle as our preferred recycling partner through 2021. Comparing this 2021 to 2020s 9.32 tonnes of recycled uPVC, we recycled 15.12 tonnes of material; in perspective 15 tonnes is roughly equal to 2-3 Tyrannosaurus Rex’s or 5 blue whale tongues! It’s important to note that we dedicate our time to the environment. We want to be as eco-friendly as possible through our range of window products.
Eurocell Recycle is the UK’s leading specialist in uPVC recycling, collection and extrusion. They have a closed-loop recycling system that takes old uPVC systems and recycles them into new plastic products – giving them a new life to use once more. This doesn’t just stop uPVC windows from being dumped into a landfill but also creates a new and eco-friendly style window. Due to us working in a sustainable way, Cara Glass strive to use environmentally friendly techniques whilst reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible to ensure our valued customers that they are investing in a company that cares.
Throughout previous years, the home improvement industry has found sustainability quite hard due to the rare opportunities for recycling. Although, Eurocell has allowed Cara Glass to reduce the amount of waste created by old windows, doors and other solutions. We are determined to create as little waste as possible that ends up in landfills, we are helping the world become more eco-friendly one step at a time.
For the full certification image, scroll to the bottom of this post.
How Does Eurocell Recycle Our uPVC Windows?
Eurocell has designed the closed-loop post-consumer recycling process which works to find the most sustainable and efficient way to create upVC windows and doors. The process is quite simple:
- The windows which have reached their full potential are removed and collected from their property. Eurocell then transports them to the desired recycling plant located in either Derbyshire or Yorkshire.
- Once the windows arrive at the recycling centre, they are shredded, granulated and micronized.
- After this, the dismantled parts of the old uPVC profiles go through the extrusion process. (this is the process that melts down pieces of material until they turn into a liquid).
- This liquid is then pushed into a mould, forming the shape of a new, recycled product which is cooled and solidified.
- After this, the recycled uPVC window sections are fabricated into a new uPVC window profile, which is then ready to be installed into another home across the UK!
We have recycled 15.12 tonnes of waste through 2021 alone with Eurocell, and we only hope to see this increase year on year – we are a sustainable company that strives to create an eco-friendly solution for your home.
Cara Glass: Our Sustainable Solution
Are you looking for an eco-friendly and sustainable uPVC window solution? When choosing Cara Glass, you can expect a prompt and professional service from a company that cares.
Our friendly team are always on hand to discuss our full range of windows and doors and follow up on any questions you may have about our products.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and providing you with your next home improvement solution.